Have you ever considered these five costly mistakes?...
5 Costly Mistakes
1. “I am a Project Manager, we will do it ourselves”
Ok, but do you really understand construction? Even if you do, have you got time?
If the answer is no, discover how DETAIL can help.
2. “ My mate is a builder, he is doing it mates rates”
We always pay our mates more don’t we? They are our mates aren’t they?
3. “We have found this builder, he is really cheap…”
Good, so why is he cheaper than the others?
It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”
4. “We have checked, his quote is like for like!”
Really? What are you comparing?
5. “We got an estimate before we got Planning and we are happy with it”
Good luck with your project!